Friday, September 22, 2006

continuous

I have wanted to mention about japanese specific way to approach of the dance phrases. now is not really good time to write, but just here note something.
i have felt european dancers tend to receive some phrase as 'subject'. but for me, phrase is not so, when i catch it, the pharase has already moved in my body or explored by the phrase itself. it is difficult to explain. in the other word, it tends to speread into my body. that is automatically, but yes, actually this is my way of receiving at the same time.
and the phrase is the sequence, anytime as you know. so, the choreography is moving on my body (and also in my mind) every time when i am dancing. it is not just as 'subject.'
what is the difference between two ways? when you recieve it as 'subject', you divide the phrase between 'subject' and others. but for me, nothing dividing, it still be unite or moving with numerous energies and possibilities. it means, there, continuous.
i think in the Butoh, japanese dancers also moving like that, with involved by some emotional or images. because of differences, european dancers have interested in butoh.

No comments: